Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Reef Men's Fanning Flip Flop


  • synthetic
  • Rubber sole
  • Church Key Bottle Opener on Outsole

Reef brings you the signature sandal of pro-surfer Mick Fanning! Rubber logos across straps and printed on sole. Enclosed airbag in heel. Bottle popper on heel. This is the original Reef Fanning that you know and love. What's it got? The quick-drying synthetic nubuck strap, the contoured footbed and thick, foamy, molded EVA sole with added arch support, the under-heel airbag cushioning...what else could you possibly need? The hidden bottle opener's there, too.

By Thomas B Goodloe
Color Name:Black/tan|Size Name:7 D(M) US
I bought a pair of these sandals in February 2005 and am still wearing them. Like any sandal, they are fun and easy to wear. Just recently I've noticed that the front part of the soles has worn down and they are smooth now. Also the foam bed has started to crack in several places, but for the price I'd say I've gotten reasonable use out of them.

The bottle opener is a great conversation piece. Also rest assured, they do hold up to wear and tear. I was skeptical when I bought these how long they'd stay intact, but I can attest that they are still in and functional... kinda mangled, but still intact and functioning.

Also, if you think you're just gonna swing your leg up and crack open a beer like Mr. Joe Cool, then think again. I remember when I first got these I was at a backyard house party while in San Diego. I was flirting with these two girls, talkin' my game and trying to be smooth. So I grab another beer, and while talking to them, I lift my foot and try to crack the bottle open. Well, between trying to keep my balance and get the lip of the cap in the opener, I apparently shook it up a bit. When I finally did open it, the resulting explosion of foam shot all over me and the two girls. Not cool.

I would suggest taking the sandal off to use the bottle opener feature.

All and all, a great shoe. Fun and easy to wear.

Another tip: Make sure you wash these every so often! Stick 'em in the washing machine. I neglected to do this and developed a nasty case of athlete's foot from them. Just a heads up. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment